Asymmetric Game "Marines vs Overseer" WIP

A little Game i have worked on for half a year now, using the Paragon Assets.
For full effect u should play it with 4 friends as it is meant to be played 4 vs 1 :slight_smile: .

The Marines are Playing a Third Person Shooter and have to complete 4 Objectives.
The Overseer is playing an RTS Style Game and has to Stop/Delay the Marines from Completing those Objectives by Spawning enemies into the World.

For now the Hosting player always has to be the Overseer, otherwise he cant Spawn Units. I just cant figure out how to Properly let a client spawn Actors(AI Posessed Pawns) into the World. Maybe someone can give me a hint into the right Direction?

Dont forget to have Steam on or otherwise u wont find any Games.
For now the Overseer doesnt really have a win condition but if anyone is intrested i could post an updated Version in a few days.

Downloadlink from my OneDrive: https://hochschuletrierde-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/hergerta_hochschule-trier_de/EUKMWIWx67JAm3dqRx06QDcBpC3EKHE9EaDJkZPAJxA5TA?e=gocycw

2.1 GB will take some time before I got I downloaded xD…

I played it
I think this is mainly focused on multiplayer and i played in my own so can’t tell much

Tips:
-What I saw was the Boss did not die
-I saw not much enemies
-Maybe add some sound when picking op health and do check if you can actually pick it up.
Pros:
-Weapon firing and effects are cool (Maybe some recoil could be nice)
-And i think playing this together would be fun.

Thanks for the fast reply!

-Intresting, i still couldnt figure out how to replicate the Death Animation from the Boss to Clients as it is a “Blend Poses by Bool” Node. But since u played alone u shouldve been the Server and there everything should have worked. I´ll put it on the ToDo list.
Or do u mean u couldnt kill it at all? His health is adjusted to 4 Players shooting at him. Alone u just need a lot of shots :slight_smile:
Maybe i can adjust his health dynamically around how many Marines start into the Game, good point.

The Overseer is supposed to spawn the enemies, so in a solo game u will only see very few Enemies from a small spawn system. :slight_smile:

Put it on the ToDo list.

Thank again for the Constructive Input! I´ll put up a new Link as soon as i finished the new Version.

Greetings,
Andi

Privacy & Terms