As a more experienced coder where should I begin the course

Hello as you can read by the title, I am a fairly experienced coder. I currently am at least familiar with C, C++, Python, and Assembly (both MIPS and ARM). I have taken a college course somewhat recently on data structures in C++. The course included things like building our own self balancing binary search tree from scratch. We were not able to copy existing methods such as AVL.

Now the actual question. I was wondering where someone like me should begin in this course. I am not familiar with the unreal engine at all. I went through all of section 1 and 2 on 2x speed and looking ahead I thought it was a lot of stuff that I may already know.

Probably section 6 Building Escape which is where it starts with the Unreal Editor.

You might also want to check out section 4 introduction and setup to get UE4 and IDE working together if you need to.

1 Like

The first couple sections are an intro to c++. If you’re familiar with the language, then the only thing new would maybe be setting up visual studio code. As mentioned by @QueueButton, feel free to skip ahead to Building Escape, which is when Unreal is actually opened for the first time. None of the c++ written from the previous sections is used in that section, so you won’t be missing any code for it to work, either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms