Applying what I (think I) learned to an animated spider

While I enjoyed the section of the animated lamp, I was really eager to try out a design all my own - one that I started this course in order to build.

1. Lean process - I left the model fairly simple so that I could complete the first version as quickly as i could - still took a long time, though.
  2. Tried to keep the polygons as quadrilaterals, but I’m afraid I introduced some triangles, pentagons, and a few heptagons (7-sided polygons). As far as I can tell, though, they are on the underside and not really involved in the moving parts.
  3. Did my research on walking spiders in YouTube in order to coordinate all the legs. Slippery little *******…

All in all, I’m pretty happy with it - still need to export the texture/animation into Unity and modify my ‘game’ to use it :smiley:

6 Likes

This is a great little model that shows a lot of progress.

Triangles are okay, as long as they don’t screw up the topology (By making willy-nilly loops in random directions! :O), because they still compliment bones and movement. However, movement takes a hefty toll on Ngons, so it’s a good thing they’re out of sight!

This is fantastic :smiley:

Well done! In the next lesson (the Rabbit), you learn how to make hairy legs … brrrrr.

Really well done mate, this is awesome!

Looks awesome, just a little something if you ever wanna goo back and adjust. Maybe add a little bit of a wiggle to his booty (abdomen). Would help make it look like the spider was walking and not pulling on something

Privacy & Terms