Any tips on rendering on blender without crash?

Hey im running on an I5 3320 Levno i can do everything but render on my pc. Specs cpu @ 2.60hz
8gb of ram 64 bit operating system intel r hd 4000 graphics. Please let me know what i need to do . I use evee no matter what settings it crashes . I use cycles i can render images but when i got to render video guess what it crashes. Any help?

I’m not a guru at this but I took a moment to look up the specs you listed. What I discovered is that you have an integrated graphics card with a processor design that is 8 years old.

You should hop on over to Blender.org and check the required and recommended specs for your version of Blender. If your computer is up to snuff, then make sure you have the most up to date drivers. If that doesn’t help you might give us a screen shot of your render settings as that can tell us a lot.

1 Like

Try to use CPU only.
Eevee is fairly new, uses different techniques, so it can be buggy on some hardware / Software configurations.
Use low Cycles samples and switch on denoiser
Lower sample tile size
Don’t render huge image sizes (800x600 is enough). Really it has no use. Most people will see illustrations, video’s in low resolution (don’t zoom in).
Close other programs.

2 Likes

First impression, do not render to video.
But to stills ( image1, image2, etc… )
Later you can combine stills, with Blender, into video. very easy.

If you render stills one by one, then by a crash you can start render at the last correct frame.

1 Like

I see your model contains 3D text.
This can be very high in vertex count. And when using ‘strange’ fonts, lead to abnormal mesh structures to render. Can cause crashes.

render 300px x 300px. Start small.

1 Like

try to render with lower Eevee options turned on, motion blur, ambient incl. reflections. etc.
When problems, start simple.

1 Like

Okay thank you for speedy replys i will try this out right away

How do i convert still images into video with blender ?

Also should i use png or jpeg?

You can create videos in Blender by loading an image sequence into the video sequencing editor. Mike covers this in detail towards the end of the ‘Animated Lamp’ section of CBC.

Best quality is .PNG

A window popup, select your animation folder, and select all the images you have created.

Then to render to a video, you need to change the render output to FFMPEG.
And select render animation.
Blender will use the image sequence to render the video for you.
I use for this a new blender project!

Blender project 1 to render animation as images (.PNG)
Blender project 2 import these images sequences, and render animation to video

Good luck, let us know if it helps you Blender crash problems.

2 Likes

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms