Another problem

everytime I click on the orcs body blender closs my theory is that my cumputer can not handel so many verticies and faces but I upgraded my laptop from 4 gb ram to 12 gb ram can you send any similar experiences if you have any I will send a video afterwards

1 Like

How many vertices do you have?

12GB is a lot, but not only Blender uses memory! Also, the OS (Windows, Linux,) uses a lot.

In Windows, you can open a process monitor to see how many CPUs are used. And much memory is used.

I have 16GB, Blender consumes about 12GB on a large project when rendering. But at 12 GB my windows start to swap out memory for disk memory (Normale computer behavior). This slows down the render process. The remaining 3-4 GB is needed for programs running on your machine. These are internal OS programs, mouse, display, windows stuff. But also your browser, your music app. etc.
You can close them too, to free more RAM.

Also personally, I find the vonoroi texture very unstable. Manipulation this one crashes Blender a lot at my system. So maybe you are using Blender features with are unstable. Try to experiment. And Yes every computer has it’s limits. Try to find out where your limets lies.

Update to newest Blender also.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms