Another Block Breaker

This is my first time posting something to the community. I have had the best intentions of uploading something many times along the way, but then I get caught up in the next part of the course each time.

I remember playing and loving a game like this on my older brother’s Amiga in what must have been the early 90s.

I spent too long trying to create extra bits for this, so I finally just decided to move onto the next part of the course.
This has lots of things wrong with it e.g. extra balls will bounce off eachother which changes their speed or stops them completely (forgive me if you get stuck with a slow moving ball), but I did manage to make a shiny powerup block that releases a collectable that when collected instantiates an extra ball.
Also the player won’t die until the last ball is lost.

I’m still smiling at the end of my efforts.

http://www.sharemygame.com/share/e5536ca5-7dda-4818-9ea6-83da4ba5ec91

2 Likes

The work you did on this game really shows. I like the crispness of the lean graphics and title, with the black block grid background. I like the extra ball dropdowns. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t have the coordination to get past your first level, that is not a criticism of your game, I had a spinal cord injury a few years back so my coordination is fairly limited because of that so I am not your typical player that way. I also like your paddle graphic.

Thanks for the feedback Jim. I don’t often get past the first level either. I tried slowing things down a bit, but it made everything feel quite suggish and it became really easy to play. I just kept on cranking up the ball speed a bit at a time unitl it felt difficult enough. I must have over done it.
I’m more of an artist than a programmer (hence why I’m taking this course) so I really wanted to make my own assets. I was almost sick of seeing them by the time I moved on, but again, thanks for the positive comment.

Privacy & Terms