Animator and Layers

Hi all,

Can I use a different set of layers for different states in one animator? Let’s say I have a gameObject with an animator and have two different states. Can I have 2 different sets of layers for these states?

Also, I would like to ask if one can manipulate the sprites of a child object through the animation tab for animating? Let’s say I have a parent object with two child objects with a sprite renderer component. I can see that one can add the children’s sprite through Add Property button to the animation tab. But I couldn’t change those sprites when added. When a transform property added through add property button and clicked on, the inspector changes to the transform of that said object but not the same happens with the sprite when clicked on. Am I missing something?
Thanx in advance=)

Hi,

In which course and lecture are you?

I am still playing around with the top-down shooter(Unity2D) concept but I am trying to add a bit to what is shown in the tutorial.

So yesterday after writing here, I did a little trial and error and found some answers to some of my questions. (I think)

So, if there is an animator component in the child object, even though you can add the sprite of the said object as a property to the animation of the parent, you can not see it in the inspector and cannot manipulate it. (I am not exactly sure, but I managed to add and manipulate the sprite of the child object when I got rid of the animator on the child object) And also you can select all the sprites that u need on the sprite sheet and drag-drop them to the animation timeline. (I was changing them one by one through the inspector every keyframe before figuring this out…=))

This is a little clip to show how I used the animations.

https://youtu.be/VruBewhKQ84

The white fill on the body of the ship and the purple fill on the laser turret filling at the same time is what I was trying to achieve when I asked the question. I think it turned out pretty well…=)
I also really like the hole when the small turret blows up so I also wanted to show that…=)
Cheers…=)

I have to admit that I don’t do much with animations, so I don’t know if your idea would work with the available tools. Maybe @Yitzchak_Cohen knows more?

@Nina sorry, I don’t have very much experience with the animator in 2D.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms