Adjusting Camera Angles Without Numpad

Hello, I am working on a laptop without a number pad. is there a way to set up shortcut keys? finding it hard to follow along with keystrokes when I don’t have the same keys!

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to this site.

Blender has alternative ways through menus for practically all shortcuts.

For example. Increasing selection.
Ctrl + has to be the number pad + not the one on the number row above the letters.
The alternative way is via the ‘Select’ menu upper left. (in edit mode obviously, as you are selecting verts)
Then ‘Select more/less’ which adds the next panel to pick which one from.

You can also set your own shortcuts in the Edit, Preferences, Keymap, section.
The big thing to be wary of it accidentally using an existing shortcut combination and changing it to a numberpad replacement that you want.

I understand there are fnumbers past f12, technically, and they might be ideal to use. But beyond my knowledge of how to type them in. Perhaps someone else more computer geeky can help with that idea.

Edit, must read the title too!

Menu viewport selection is via the ‘view’ menu, then ‘viewport’, then pick direction.

1 Like

There is more on YouTube.

2 Likes

I’ve always clicked “Emulate Numpad” in the left column of the Input section of my User Preferences. My first laptop years ago didn’t have a numpad either, so I got used to using this option with each version of Blender since then, mostly because I rarely used the numpad for anything.

With this Alienware laptop running Win10 Pro, however, some of the number keys are set up for getting to the Home/Top or End/Bottom of a page, or Page Up and Page Down. The Home and End keys also work for the beginning and end of lines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms