About 'Using Prefabs In Unity'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Create our first prefab.
  2. Experiment with how prefabs work.
  3. Set our snap settings.
  4. Build a level.

After watching (learning outcomes)… Use prefabs and build a level out of prefabbed blocks.

(Unique Video Reference: 15_BR_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

1 Like

Here’s the screenshot of my level. Changed the ball and paddle already, to something more fitting the theme :]
Probably the normal levels will have smaller blocks, but this will do for a test run :]

5 Likes

Batman Level

7 Likes

Here’s my rudimentary blocks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my level 1

7 Likes

Cat shaped level one :slight_smile::smiley_cat:

3 Likes

my first level… a little simple but the experience tend to be a little trip cause de colors I have used in this and the further levels

2 Likes

Simple design but reveals a sketch of a celebrity.

Sketch by Daniel Alvarado Silvera (CC BY-SA 4.0), from Wikimedia Commons.

2 Likes

My design is just my name – Halloween theme!

4 Likes

With Halloween just around the corner, I’ve gone for a Halloween theme! Still got some asset tweaking to do.

Block%20Breaker

3 Likes

Maybe your paddle could be a tombstone? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, I like that idea! I’ve been trying to think of a good object for the paddle. I’ll give it a shot! Thank you!

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile:

Here’s my first level of block breaker! I made custom graphics because I wanted a simple flat pixel look.

3 Likes

Screenshot%20(40)
Screenshot%20(41)
still tons of work to do

(updated pic is 2nd image)
sill have tons of plans after 2nd pic

4 Likes

Went a little old school, made my theme to suit the background. Added some unbreakable metallic blocks.

3 Likes

<3

1 Like

Brief History of Computer games starting with a simple Pong level, work through a B&W ZORK splash screen level, a black and green screen Space Invaders screen, a PacMan screen, and maybe end with a colorful Breakout screen. Paddle on this pong level moves vertically and Lose Collider vertical on left side.

BHOCG

3 Likes

Daleks theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to multiple power ups of the same type and no timer on them yet, the level gets crazy in seconds.

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms