About 'Using Git With Godot'!

gdt_s02_using_git_with_godot

In this video (objectives)…

1. What version control is
  2. Why it’s important
  3. What to track, and what not
  4. A reminder about “Lecture Project Changes”

After watching (learning outcomes)…

At least create a simple backup of your project folder by taking a zip. Optionally setup Git.

(Unique Video Reference: 9_LL_GDT)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Love the course so far. I love the Tips and shortcuts. Love the try for yourself stuff.
Is there a way to change Godot editor color while running the game as Ben showed us with Unity?

found something to avoid - connecting area_eneterd to the script on the same Area2D node. it works but makes the computer sluggish like it was made in the 80’s

I posted a Tip to create the .gitignore via sourcetree (windows 10 now complains by default if there is no name before the dot)

INFO - I’ve been working on (using to learn better) a another game (top down tile style) and found I needed to use Area2D for moving by position (the old way) to get exact position and collision needs to be the overlapping style. Docs really help and I used the Godot 24 hour book and this course to assist