About the UNITY RPG category

Build a Role Playing Game (RPG) in Unity 2017. Learn intermediate C#, code architecture, game & level design. See the course

Cant wait to get started. Looks awesome already. I have been progressing a lot since I found your other Udemy courses.

Hi @ben forgive my ignorance possibly.

I noticed this is part one currently on udemy, would students already enrolled int he course get a discount for future parts?

Looking forward to getting showing what i have at the end of it :slight_smile:

Absolutely, and a bigger discount for those who are 50%+ of the way through Part 1

Hi @ben ,

i am looking forward to buying this course, but can i know what sub genre of Rpg i will be learning to make…

is it a first person perspective(like skyrim), third person(like The witcher) , isometric rpg (like Baldurs gate) or any other one.

It’s a 3rd person isometric view, but others are doing 1st person without trouble

Thanks for the reply,
just bought the course, will start after finishing the complete unity course.

Once you’ve completed Glitch Garden you’re good to dive into the RPG.

Thanks.
I am half way through glitch garden anyways.
But I guess I will just finish the course. Took me almost a year or more than that to get till here.

Hi i have just bought this plus both Ur c++ courses for unreal and unity i was wondering if i start and did the unreal then unity then this course will i be able to apply these same techniques to unreal. i already have a few rigs setup in unreal and really like the Triple AAA props i have created for unreal with the lighting. Plus i have used unreal a lot more then unity. unless unity is a better all round project. I am a film student but jobs for film as a junior in my country is limited but games are everywhere. so im not 100% sure which is better a lot of diffrent views. im looking at doing a triple A rpg. as a demo reel.

Sorry to bring up an older topic, but are there any plans to implement a Save/Load routine during this course? I looked ahead at the course outline and didn’t see anything listed. Just wondering if it was planned?

Hi there Ben,

Currently doing the make mobile VR genes in Unity course and I was just wondering if on completion would i have the requisite knowledge to undertake the RPG course or would you recommend the Complete Unity course first?

Thanks v.much

Ps loving the course by the way :grinning: