About 'Game State Story Design'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Using draw.io for our state diagram and flow.
  2. Time to create your own story.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Capable of creating a flow chart for your story.

(Unique Video Reference: 11_TX_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

2 Likes

heres a link to the chart: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoovsXKc99JgaSvp1WCN-lLp8qHONmZ4/view?usp=sharing

5 Likes

Awesome!

Hi! here is a link to my zombie adventure game diagram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxzmbwF12y7FVsn2d1VbTauEUIB-nqts/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the grammar mistakes. I’m gonna polish it up before finishing it. Hope you like it :slight_smile:
Diagram%20SS2Diagram%20SS1

So this was a constant battle between actually trying to make a story, or rather remake a story, and just getting though as fast as I could to continue the lessons.

1 Like

Sooo… Rick said to flex our designer muscles, and I spent some time, to create this mess of a diagram (I’ve written it in a small notebook, looks like a plan for a magic spell).
It looks like that in Draw.io:

The weird symbols near some slides are indication, that a “modifier” is added – you get a weapon, or an item or a wound, that can change what you’ll see on the slides later on.

Now to paste this all into Unity…

10 Likes

Dang, thats awesome! Do you mind if I grab a screenshot of this and share on our Facebook group?

Go ahead, I don’t mind sharing it :]

1 Like

Thanks

This is my story. I’m italian and I don’t know if you understand it. Maybe is better :smiley:

I planned a forest which the player needs to escape from. The blue boxes are the ‘prolouge’, the red boxes are the ‘deaths’ and the green are the ‘wins’.
I wanted it to be a little bit open-ended, so it can either take a very short time to finish, or much longer.
I hope it looks promising.

2 Likes

@Svensonov This is the link for our Facebook discussion where I posted your image. Someone asked for a more detailed version where they could see the writing, up to you whether you’d like to share that or not! :slight_smile:

Wow that’s amazing!

I have been playing around with Articy Draft to learn how to use it. This is the result. I have a main flow and dialogue objects. The dialogue objects are included as separate screenshots, but should be easily followed by the node labels. Any grammatical errors or small omissions will be fixed before making the Unity assets. I haven’t had much sleep, so forgive me if I missed something that’s glaringly obvious.
Edit: I can already spot continuity issues, Doing stuff with my nieces is harder than I thought. So many constraints, just be happy I put my foot down over the unicorns! Also, these file resolutions are huge, I’ll need to change them appropriately. I can export an .xps file and then I used an online converter. I need to clamp the resolution size next time I think.

2 Likes

Here is my story, I took the prison break idea. I’m worried it might be a bit too long, but I like how it turned out!

If you want to take a closer look at it, It’s online here: https://www.draw.io/#G1eijrhasUPqlanNzhzkWc-LOhHxBs4jdE

1 Like

Here’s mine very small state files fluxogram!
One can be very imaginative, when trying to light a torch!

1 Like

I know your not able to read any of the boxes, but it’s fine.

I focused on the story so there is a lot of text and boxes. I tried to give as many options as I felt necessary, but once you reach the end of a story line it is linear. But, there are four different endings, the left side has two endings, demonstrated by the dark green boxes, which are alterations of each other, but are different to the boxes on the right side. Anyway, I really enjoyed creating this, and I’m excited to finish the game and publish it.

4 Likes

Really nice! How did you implement the modifiers system?

Here’s my story line.

1 Like

I’ve explained it in detail right under my game launch post: Hold Your Colour [Game]

1 Like

Privacy & Terms