A Little Story Idea

Uhhmmm… Perhaps I got a little carried away. Lots of options… some change with logic. Kind of looks like my automotive wiring diagrams at this point. Basic idea is to also throw win/loss stories before the final win/loss condition is met. (Losses in red, victories in green).

Hopefully it makes some sort of sense.

4 Likes

… This is by far the most complicated diagram I’ve seen for any CYOQ project, can’t wait to see how it pans out.

1 Like

I just hope it doesn’t lead me to failure as it becomes too much to follow while I’m working! I’ll post progress here and there as I continue with the course. Thanks for the confidence boost. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just an update.

I’m still hammering through this. Doing bits here-and-there between work and my normal honey-do list. I’ve had to drastically change some code and created different types of classes that infer the State class for Deaths, Victories, normal Adventure, and Variable Toggles.

The story has expanded some from the original version (where I noticed some of the options had not been explored yet). I’ve also had to travel deeper into logic options for when the player had more than one option successfully done in different mixtures.

Hopefully I’ll be done this week. May need some help testing… :smiley:

Alright. If anyone wants to check it out, I uploaded the first finished product here: https://github.com/4verage/Caesar

Let me know if you try it and if there are any problems or things that don’t seem to track correctly.

The level of detail on this is inspiring! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

1 Like

Okay. Finished the unit here. Worked a few kinks out that were bugging me. Here’s what I have so far!

1 Like

Your flow chart has me mindblown! I will definitely take a look at the progress so far.

1 Like

The bad part is that the flowchart grew as I developed the game. I need a wall projection system so I can read the whole thing at once. I just hope I got everything linked correctly.

Due to the length of some of the time-displayed Victory/Loss messages I’m thinking about some sort of variable-based time based on average reading time per word or something. I cannot read very fast and it goes off of the screen before I can finish reading some of them. (Currently only shown for 10 seconds.) I’m a bit of a slow reader.

1 Like

Sounds like a cool idea! I did notice that too while I was playing, that messages went away before I finished reading them. Good luck!

1 Like