[Solved] 2D light rotating in the opposite direction in Game View

Hi, in Unity 2021.1.5 the 2D sprite light rotates in the opposite direction to the player. In Scene view it looks to be working perfectly! This problem does not occur in 2020.1.12. Has anybody else experienced this?

Somebody did and raised it with Unity.
It may have been at review stage and didnt make it of of the locked discussion.

@StephenHubbard Did a note get put on the Quest for this issue? Telling people what version of Unity to use?
@Hazel_Ryan I think you found and raised it (possibly amongst others) - was there a workaround?

@EddieRocks Hi, thanks for the quick reply so I can stop trying to figure it out! I certainly didn’t see a note on the project and the discussions aren’t showing at the bottom of this project (I’ve just replied in a “Where are the Discussions?” thread. I’ve deleted and restarted the project in 2020 again (trying to reopen the 2021 version in 2020 went terribly wrong (even after redoing the URP package). Thanks

Unity are aware of the bug and they say they’ve fixed it in the latest version (although I don’t think that version has been released). The workaround is to turn on post-processing on the camera.

@Hazel_Ryan Thanks Hazel, I can confirm that turning on post processing on the camera worked perfectly (and that it still isn’t fixed in the latest released version - 2021.1.7 - I tried that too today, hopefully it will work in the next release). @StephenHubbard Please can the quest text be updated to include this information. If it is there it isn’t obvious and 3 of us spent hours trying to figure this out.

Privacy & Terms