2d Character Animation Course - Using Spine (or Anima2D?) with Unity

Hi All,

Would really love to see a course covering Spine and how to integrate it into Unity effectively from a beginner to intermediate level - the material Esoteric Software put out assumes a fair amount of prior knowledge.

Spine is a great piece of kit - mesh deformation, animating with paths and constraints, a ton of other cool stuff I don’t really understand… - but it does have a price tag to match, and isn’t the most intuitive piece of software in the world.

From the looks of their other courses GameDev.tv is geared towards training using free tools so they’re as accessible as possible, so I’d be equally keen to see a course based around Anima2D, which is (a) Free and (b) Already integrated into Unity.

I think being able to create living, breathing characters brings a huge amount to a 2D game, and my own experience of being a rubbish artist is that even fairly amateurish assets can look pretty sweet once they’re running and jumping around…

Anyway, that’s my selfish request, I’m back off to try and makes something that looks like Dust without having any of the skill, experience or dedication required… can’t understand why it’s taken longer than a week…

I just got my hands on Spine now and there does not seem to be too many resources that go in-depth with it. However, I have seen some people’s work on YouTube using it to make even particle affects and things. It would be great if you created a course covering Spine - make it in-depth taking you from beginner to expert. But I want to be able to learn, not only simple character animations, but other affects you can do with it like particle affects and other things. I would also like it to be integrated with After Effects and how to take your animation and export it to the web so you can add your animations to your website. PLEASE add a course on Spine - I really want to have a deep understanding of the Spine Software. I want to be able to do all sorts of things with it.

Privacy & Terms