2023 Collab: Week 12 “Racing" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 12 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Racing”.

• Racing - In sport, racing is a competition of speed, in which competitors try to complete a given task in the shortest amount of time. Typically this involves traversing some distance, but it can be any other task involving speed to reach a specific goal.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 10 “Pirates” winner TheDespicableDM

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-03-25T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

not exactly a race but I have this piece with a car that seems to be fitting (and it’s video version)

10 Likes

W.I.P

8 Likes

8 Likes

Here is my first attempt on geometry nodes, highly recommend this tutorial on geometry nodes… https://youtu.be/NTkqnJSoAaY

video version here :https://youtu.be/cgKkFd24laA
Also please note that all meshes downloaded from sketchfab except the road and barriers in this scene.

7 Likes

Work in progress. I don’t make it to the deadline. Too big an idea came into my head.

7 Likes

Made this in a hurry today to have something to participate with so not a lot of detail. But a fun experimentation with softbody and animated face textures!

Here’s a render for submission.

6 Likes

Oh, and it;s a race to the bottom of the stairs if that didn’t come through :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Its so unfinished it hurts me a little, but time was not on my side this week, and its all I can muster today :wink:

7 Likes

Armatures weren’t working got mario’s fixed but luigi’s is still giving me trouble, heat bone issues.
So just in case going to post what I have so far just in case I don’t get it figured out in time.

Luigi does do planks in the game so still kind of works,

6 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 13 “Candy” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Racing” challenge may select a subject for next week 14 and wins a badge.

2 Likes

@anastasions Congratulations on your stylish entry on the subject of “Racing”.

• Wilrun - A very nice reproduction of a familiar racing game. The lighting is good, with fresh crisp colors. Maybe adding a bit of speed blur the next time.
  • consummatest - Love the lighting. Great story. I miss tiny details as in road textures.
  • Joey_Cuevas - Great ‘muscle car’. The car body and stripes give the impression of speed. A bit of motion blur could help to enhance the feel of racing.
  • Medial - Great scene and story. It’s really all about racing. No speed blur is needed here! Try to add more tiny details.
  • Gordon - Fun racing theme idea. Good study on the soft body. Could use more verts, but it probably slows down the calculations. And I miss shadows …
  • Lintari - Good model(s) - It looks like they are at the starting grid.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

I’m still working on this project. I’ve done just 10% of it. It’s gonna be so much bigger)

7 Likes

Privacy & Terms