2022 Collab: Week 46 "Gnomes" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 46 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Yu Gi Oh Card called mischief of the gnomes” .

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-11-19T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

For this week, I decided to do things I normally don’t do during these challenges, like creating custom materials, use highly detailed textures, detailed animations, and rendering with cycles. Yes, I decided to go all out with this topic, hope you guys enjoy my entry.

Here's my entry.

ezgif-4-a56019f717

Do you want to know the fun part of this? I had to redo the animation 4 times :rofl:

9 Likes

It needs sparkling stars …

3 Likes

9 Likes

Ears are difficult but who needs them … or a complete body …
I hesitate on hair, I need it. But it makes my machine slow. And less project time on hand.

8 Likes

A nice entry ! and a well designed character.

But does Genomes mean this ?

Doesn’t it means the complete set of genes in a cell or living thing.

The actual representation should be more on scientific line to represent the topic, I think , but it’s only me !

and I didn’t do anything on this thinking so. I knew it will take a long long time, like Dutch Windmill, but once done it alike would become a lifetime asset to do many things around it.

1 Like

I interpreted it not as “dna genome”, because of the illustration attached to the description of “Gnomes”. See WIKI.

2 Likes

but there is no representation of DNA here :cry:

this is what I meant actually

and this wiki definition is an absolute mess !

Genomes and gnomes are not the same thing. I think the wiki does a pretty good job of summarizing what gnomes are. But you’ve heard of the concepts of gnomes, right? This isn’t your introduction to it?

3 Likes

6 Likes

English language and spelling.
gEnomes are the dna thing. Said GeeeNomes.
gNomes are mythical creatures often in one incarnation as common garden ornaments. Said Nomes.

1 Like

coming too hot !

never knew the topic was directed for traditional children’s stories !

but, but luck, met the inventor of Lexicon here.

Hon’ble Sir !

Somehow, one meaning of Gnome in US way is

a person who works by using their mind, but does not talk to, and is not known by, the public:
The gnomes in the back room are putting the finishing touches to the new software.

But, since you say so Sire !

1 Like

Hope, this is the only meaning and difference in English language and spelling!

1 Like

This is sick af :fire:

1 Like

Decided to add just some small details to my silly entry. The card also has volume now.

ezgif-2-436c3da58c
o

3 Likes

This is the project phase to add (tiny) details to the model and upgrade the material/textures. But that will take another day.

I did a quick face paint, using vertex color mixed with a material setup.
Because my machine gets slow. Couldn’t add fine details because of the uneven mesh, due to auto dynotopo. Also, I saw possibilities for the newly learned skills of adding stitches using geo nodes. It was a fun, short project. With a lot of possibilities.

4 Likes

Speed challenge. Started today. Let’s see how far I get before voting :rofl:

This is my submission for now:

Looks more like some sort of goblin maybe. But the idea is to add a sack as clothing, and wearing socks. Kind of like dobby from Harry Potter. Then have him holding a rope to some deadly contraption with somebody just entering through a door. Most likely wont finish that in time, but wont stop me from trying!

2 Likes

Amazing !

This character has come up so well ! It’s pro grade. A lifetime asset !

1 Like

Privacy & Terms