2022 Collab: Week 35 "Tales in the open sea" - VOTE CLOSED

@Guihom congratulations on your action scene “Tales in the open sea”. The composition is good. The action takes place in the middle of the view and the story is easily recognizable. The dark sky fits the mood and the stormy sea. The white sails give a nice contrast. All things fall into place.

• Roelof_van_der_Sar - I love your cartoonic style. Nothing wrong with it. Maybe a little more story element on the small island. Like the skull, it could use more attention. More props to tell a story, because the overall scene is beautiful.
  • Cows - Spooky environment. The scene could use more underwater atmospheric elements. It’s difficult to see (read) the futuristic submarine. Reusing objects is a good thing, but viewers must also understand what they are looking at. A real submarine could improve that.
  • Gordon - Great idea! But the colors could be more sparkling. The image is now somewhat defused. I miss sparkling highlights on the diamonds and coins. The light beam could be stronger. More light to bring the chest and content more to the center of attention.
  • Willrun - If you place a light behind the object of attention. It’s difficult to make the object of attention clearly visible. This could be improved by adding an item in front of the mermaid, which provides a light source. To fit the story I would think about a seashell containing a Perl which emits light.
  • TheDespicableDM - All undersea aspects are there. Animal life, explorers, sun rays, and a story. The composition isn’t bad, but I think the shark could be in a different spot. It blends too much into the other elements. Also, the vertical lines don’t fit what a viewer expects to see in such a scene. Like the buildings, at first glance, I thought these were jellyfish. Which would fit more in the overall scene.
4 Likes

Privacy & Terms