2021 Collab: Week 24 “Neon” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 24 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Neon”.

• Neon - Neon is a chemical element with the symbol Ne and atomic number 10. The name neon is derived from the Greek word, νέον, neuter singular form of νέος (neos), meaning new.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 22 winner Blest - “Dangerous”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-06-19T21:55:00Z

3 Likes

Just started to light things up! 1024 Cycle samples.

14 Likes

12 Likes

When rendering in cycles do you get good glow or you have to go trough compositing?

1 Like

There is a size limit on Giffs.

1 Like

In cycles glow doesn’t exist.
You need to perform other Blender tricks, like working with the compositor.
With the compositor you can perfom image manipulations like Photoshop, but on object levels.
Here you can add a glare effect, which resemblance bloom in Eevee.

In my version I didn’t do that, too much work. But I did a tube in a tube to get more glass effect.

1 Like

Loving it. I had this idea also. Starting with atoms in a tube, which leeds to the neon tube lights.
But difficult to make a good composition and story…

1 Like

Yes. The quality gods are cursing me right now :slight_smile: Lacking youtube channel

Ive had a brief look in to graph editor and that’s what I came up with. Rotating stuff :rofl:

I’m betting all the entires will be brilliant this week… aha-ha-ha… kill me now…

1 Like

Changed my petty GIF for this. It was interesting to discover how neon actually work. And process of making them in glass. Fascinating.

11 Likes

I know I haven’t been active in a while. Sometimes life gets in the way of participation in things we enjoy, but I did make something for this one.
I’ve really missed doing these.

12 Likes

Yes, these Blender courses are just a starting point, for people with different interests and starting points. And then paths depards, no worries.

3 Likes

This is waaay beyond my current knowledge but all the entries are brilliant. I particularly like Digitz interpretation.

1 Like

From chemistry Neon colors to natural green.

Next week 25 challenge

Subject “ Forest ”.

Note: If one of you in the list below, don’t want to receive a signal for the announcement of a new Blender collab subject. Give me a private message. And also send me a message if you want to be added. @FedPete

Signal: @Alex_Rusu @Ananda_Namaste @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Caleb_Kofoed @Cyndi @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Martiine @Mateusz @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @TripleJ @WillyEckerslike @xMezzy @Yee @yo_johann

2 Likes

Just follow the course, practice, ask questions, show us you progress.
And you can always participate!

Having fun, that is the main goal!

Liquefied neon is commercially used as a Cryogenic refrigerant

Cyro Neon Chamber!

6 Likes

Plus it can illuminate such refrigerator with its by properties. Cool when you wakeup after chilled nap.
Not sure though this wires/tubes would be sufficient for the task in hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the way it’s lit. Super dark environment with good detailed lighting.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms