2021 Collab: Week 18 “Arthropod” - CLOSED

Real cool entries, I didn’t have much time to work on one this week so I won’t participate in this one…

1 Like

@Josa_Booba How did you do the sky? Is it some volume in the background?

1 Like

The sky is done with an Ocean modifier (on a plane) flipped 180 and extruded up slightly (just the outer most edge) and then face filled… A very high strength and same size Area lamp just above the filled face give the colour. And yes it uses a principled volume.

It added a huge amount of rendering time though.

3 Likes

@NP5 will still be without a decent mouse for a few weeks. I ordered a cable from China to fix my G500s.

I really hate when tech goes bad and have to fix it immediately or I won’t sleep…

1 Like

But it looks great.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Were you reading my mind last weekend??? Scorpio is my Zodiac birthday symbol, and if I had the time, it would’ve been what I tried for this collaboration.

Thank you @Josa_Booba, and very nicely done. :wink:

1 Like

Voting entries week 18 “Arthropod” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 19 “ Fruit has already started. The winner of this week’s “Arthropod” challenge may select a subject for week 20.

Excellent entries. Well done participants.

4 Likes

They are all fantastic! Very difficult decision. Good work everyone!

4 Likes

Classical dancesecene from Alice in Wonderland - love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was working on something but got bogged down in texturing, well out of time. Great works all entries, was a good subject too wide possibilities but surprisingly similar entries.

3 Likes

Geeze, which one do I choose? All three are so well done, it’s a tough decision this week. :thinking:

4 Likes

I can’t stand scorpions, and the realism of your really gives me the creeps. I have to give it to you for that and the wonderful atmosphere of your scene. Nice job!

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much @yo_johann - I had wanted to add some fine hairs on to it also (particularly to catch the sunlight) as per references but I just ran out of time.

Tough week! All the entries are great!
I can’t wait to get to a point where I can participate

2 Likes

You can always participate.
It is all about a learning journey.
Have fun!

4 Likes

This week does have very good entries but you can enter at any level of ability. It is not a real competition. By entering you can ask for ideas and help to have made it better and learn through the process.

3 Likes

You convinced me. I"ll be submitting an entry for Week 19 shortly.

2 Likes

Good stuff, the subject Fruit should be one everyone can get involved with, even and especially if it’s just to be involved.

I hope many more will join in this week.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a good topic! Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Congratulations @Josa_Booba, you definitely won this weekly collab. With a beautiful colored arthropod.
The background sky is impressive because it is procedural textured.

Well done to other participants.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms