2021 Collab: Week 07 “Underground” - CLOSED

@Kartik_Nair, see how the checker board is reflected. But if instead, a grey even floor is used. A grey something is reflected. You need to help the viewer a bit.

1 Like

Wow thanks, that works superb. It’s much better than using a Transparent BSDF. And thanks for sharing both the alternatives, I personally liked Cycles more. Thanks once again. :+1:

2 Likes

I tried the step and yes this was the result I desired. Actually I wanted a window material which was transparent and a little reflective at the same time. Thanks to help me out. And now I realize that these weekly challenges, is a great place to learn new tricks. It’s super cool.

1 Like

I couldn’t log in to my old account so had to start a new one. I was in my old one still on my phone to keep up with the last challenge but will switch over fully to this one.

17 Likes

Welcome V2 :smile:

Great first post.

3 Likes

Is there no possibility to recover the account?

That’s a great looking render you did! Very detailed one!

One suggestion though if you have time to adjust it: it looks too clean. I would add at least some imperfections there so it looks more like a photo than CG.

1 Like

Ha thanks, what can I say, beginner’s luck.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. The ceiling is shiny and there should be more trash etc… but my new computer arrived two days ago and I haven’t opened it yet because I’ve been finishing this, so I’m probably going to set that up tomorrow and move on, I can’t wait any longer.

3 Likes

Ah, I’m surprised that you manage to hold on at all :sweat_smile:

The renders will be faster with new computer! More iterations for future Collabs!

1 Like

Expected delivery was tomorrow but it came early. Right, I wanted something for 3D so giving up Macs.

1 Like

I just notice the roses (previously was watching it on the phone, so didn’t notice it on the small screen). That’s a nice touch that gives additional life to the scene! Especially now, just after valentines day. Hope’s that not “true story” :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I made it small at first but then it looked kinda weird because it was just sticking out of the stone so I added the outer circle to make it feel more like a door. It is definitely on a larger scale, I wanted to make it feel really imposing and important in the scene. Everything is modeled by me except the lady which I used Makehuman to create, the models are mostly just primitive shapes with volumetrics and rendering magic to make them look more fancy lol. The materials are a mix of procedural and image textures. The “rocks” are actually displacement over an image texture on a plane. I was originally doing it in a low poly style but it just didn’t feel right for the scene, so I went more realistic and gritty. I am glad you like it, that older fallout 2 style is sort of what I was going for too so it’s good that got across in the final image.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing up the mystery cos yesterday I thought there was something sus here…
… and we had an impostor.

5 Likes

Yes, I wanted to comment that it wasn’t just the Bosch creature but you like slimy hairless beasts in general, but I though I’d wait until I posted the underground image so everyone could see the two accounts.

2 Likes

“like” is a strong word… I’m really just bad with hair. :flushed:

Thanks for the motivation to get better at it tho

2 Likes

Haha, you mean you don’t own a Sphinx cat?

1 Like

Hello guys!
This is my entry this week and I guess you know what it is. And it’s heavy influenced by a picture I found online, but it was a gppd practice.
I want to add some more props and fill the tubes with something, but I have a busy weekend ahead. Maybe you guys have an idea or two?

Anyway… I’m not very happy, but I thinks it’s okay. I tried a lot new things and that is the important thing in my eyes :smiley:
Like always, I learned!

15 Likes

They must be fighting crime… nice use of emission textures. :+1:

@Leon_V2 no, I just have some toads, a lizard and some koi-fish… (not really)

4 Likes

A little fantasy crystal cave with some lichen and fungi.

11 Likes

Awesome texture…

Privacy & Terms