2.23 Merging and Removing Double Verticies

I want to show this just in case, especially the “Remove Doubles” function seemed to be removed while it’s actually renamed.

… like there’s isn’t enough changes.

So of course after adding the UV Sphere in Edit Mode, making it half and putting on top of the cylinder which was added afterwards…

I used Circle Select to select the desired vertices so I can merge.

Now the tricky part, in the lecture Mike was able to merge the objects/vertices by aligning the vertices of dome with the cylinder, (F3 key) to search up “Remove Doubles” to simultaneously merge the selected vertices to make the 2 objects into 1.

In our newer versions the “Remove Doubles” functions are no where to be found. In the lecture Mark added that Blender 3D renamed the function to “Merge By Distance”.

However I was still caught off-guard as I am too used to searching up “Remove Doubles”, especially when the search function use to accessible by pressing the space bar

In the final 2 images I uploaded I highlighted in red to show how Blender notify users that the vertices are removed, in this case the objects and its vertices are merged as the result.

4 Likes

You can also select the upper loop of the cylinder.
and also the lower loop of the half ball.

And select Edge > Bridge edge loops.

2 Likes

A good recap on the remove doubles issues.

Though to achieve your specific objective with that model you only needed to make a face from the bottom edge loop of the halved sphere, then extrude it down.
The ways of Blender are many. :smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms