1965 Arcade Shooter (Laser Defender)

Here’s what I have so far. I was inspired by 1945 the Arcade Shooter.
Music is by Johan Brodd

4 Likes

Looks really good so far Gabriel - what are you going to add next?

Thanks! I’d like to add some particle effects for when the bullets make contact. I’m still working through the laser defender section so I might decide to add more after I finish.

1 Like

That would be cool, perhaps some retro-explosions, something like this;

(source)

Two other thoughts for you, you may have already considered these;

• infrastructure
  • bombs

As an example, you could fly over the sea for a bit, then the ground, then some buildings start to appear, maybe some bridges. Some of these could be targets, points awarded for their destruction, others could be civilian buildings and you could perhaps lose points if you destroyed those.

In order to destroy the buildings the player would perhaps need the ability to drop bombs, a little target recticle in front of the plane would be quite cool, this would be where the bomb would land when deployed.

The usual form of pick-ups (bombs, ammo, fuel?) could be interesting, along with various other power-ups, score multipliers and so on.

Looking forward to see where you go with this one, do keep us all updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds awesome, I’ll try add some of that stuff. I’m particularly interested in adding a power up that doubles and triples your firepower, I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Please do, it will be great to see your progress, especially the videos of game play - its very inspiring for other students to be able to see what can be done if they venture off of the direct course content path :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms